The purpose of this UK wide networking group is to drive performance excellence within Estates and Facilities Management and it’s open to any CPL members who have responsibility for Estates and Facilities Management within their educational establishment.
We currently have two groups established in the Northwest and Yorkshire and Humberside and our aim is to establish additional Groups within the South West and London South East, Midlands, Wales and North Eastern regions. The groups meet three times a year, virtually or face-to-face and colleagues from the CPL Group also attend to help provide administrative support and offer advice on funding and training opportunities.
There are many benefits to joining the FEFMN network which include:
- A forum to share information, knowledge, and best practice.
- Increase learning and development within Estates and Facilities Management.
- Collaborate and keep in the loop of matters arising which may impact on procurement activities.
- Raise awareness and promote the importance of Estates and Facilities Management and its role within procurement.
- Find out about relevant procurement training.
- Increase awareness on current and future frameworks.
Head of Estates & Facilities at Aquinas College, Chris Green said, “The FEFMN brings together estates and facilities professionals from Northwest Colleges. Discussions take place to work through current issues such as capital funding / projects, health & safety and other estates topics that are mutually beneficial to its members. The group creates a network of like-minded professionals where issues can be discussed inside or outside the group to find quick resolutions. The group also looks at bulk buying power amongst its members for projects such as renewable energy sources etc I have found the group to be mutually beneficial to all the estate’s professionals in the area. Meeting in person after the restrictions covid brought aids us by having full face-to-face conversations whilst improving networking opportunities, although a hybrid mix of face to face and online meetings helps to ensure meetings are well attended.”
Health, Safety and Facilities Manager at St John Rigby College Lisa Daley said, “I feel the group is a good source for information and insight into what other Colleges are doing. It provides me with a group of people who I can refer to for help and to share and gain knowledge, advice, help and guidance.”
In 2023 we have a fantastic line up of hot topic discussions on:
- Sustainability - Decarbonisation
- Energy and Energy Savings
- New Procurement Regulations
- Security Measures and Access Control Systems
- ECR Data Sharing
- Finance Borrowings
- Software Solutions
- Accessibility Audits and Language Barriers
The next meeting for the Northwest and Yorkshire and Humberside group will take place in February 2023, if you are a member working within Further Education and would like to join the meeting, please get in touch firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, if you interested in supporting us set up a group within other regions, we would love to hear from you email@example.com