This e-Learning training course is provided by PASS Procurement on Writing a Tender Specification. A good tender specification is the essential cornerstone of a good contract and ensuring your specification is as accurate as possible and aligned to the outcomes you require critical. Written well, it will not only ensure the contract delivers exactly what is required but can safeguard your institution from the dangers of challenge in the future.
Good specifications deal with not only the deliverables in a contract but also aspects such as social and environmental outcomes, changes to the contract, risk and your exit strategy. Writing a Tender Specification gives you all the tools to ensure you are compliant, you gain the maximum results from your procurement and you start to achieve long-term efficiency savings.
Who would benefit from attending?
This course is ideal for anyone from a procurement department, Stakeholders, Contract managers, Legal and Finance teams, Change managers, Project managers.
Core development objectives
This course explains how a specification should be constructed and carried out, and more specifically: on this course, how your procurement exercises should be done, it also covers:
- How the requirements for transparency and non-discrimination impact your specification
- How to get your criteria right to benefit your organisation
- The importance of life-cycle costing
- The elements that are non-negotiable once published
- How you can benefit by factoring in the desired outputs and outcomes of the procurement when creating the tender specification.
- Drafting a Specification
- Key Issues to Consider
- Input / Output / Outcome
- Award Criteria
- Life-Cycle Costing
- Supplier Management