This e-Learning training course is provided by PASS Procurement on Evaluation Techniques. Evaluation is an important part of the tendering process and it seems with every challenge to get even more complex. Getting the evaluation process right, at selection and award, is critical – mistakes could lead to anything from a failed procurement process to having a contract set aside by the courts.
Covering both selection and award criteria, Evaluation Techniques breaks down the evaluation process, looks at best practice examples and considers some of the legal issues raised by legal challenges to the procurement process. The course also looks at various evaluation models and considers the benefits of building robust criteria as you develop your specification.
Who would benefit from attending?
This course is ideal for Procurement personnel, Stakeholders, Contract Managers, Legal and Finance Personnel, End Users, Project Managers and any other individual likely to be involved in drafting evaluation criteria or undertaking the evaluation process.
Core development objectives
This course explains evaluation at both the selection and award stages of public procurement processes, and will:
- Explain the different evaluation approaches to these two stages;
- Explain where additional criteria may be included in evaluation models;
- Provide examples of legal challenges to specifications;
- Create an understanding of financial evaluation and the standard differential model; and,
- Will explain the pros and cons of cost versus price.
The Evaluation Techniques e-learning course comprises of 12 chapters:
- Your Specification
- Developing an Evaluation Strategy
- Conflict of Interest
- Evaluation at the Selection Stage
- Evaluation at the Award Stage
- Evaluation Process
- Building an Evaluation Matrix
- Which Evaluation Model
- The Evaluation Report
- Award and Standstill