The funding window is now closed
Please see the CPL Group funding update – COVID-19 page for further information.
We are inviting applications for sponsorship of student events and activities from schools, academies and colleges.
You can apply for one of the following funding categories:
|Funding category||Funding threshold per application (excl. VAT)|
|Student award(s) sponsorship||£100|
|Sponsorship of organisation event/activity||£1,000|
|Educational visits, incl. supervisory staff||£1,000|
|Innovative teaching and learning resources||£20,000|
A suitable project could be:
- Student award sponsorship
- Contribution to student bursary
- Sponsorship of national schools sporting event
- Funding related to the provision of musical instruments and/or musical training
- Funding cycling proficiency schemes to promote healthier lifestyles
- Funding related to the provision of mental health services for students, particularly around exam times
- Funding towards Prince's Trust
- Funding towards the Young Enterprise scheme
- Funding towards Duke of Edinburgh schemes
- Funding for foreign exchange trips
- Funding for Carbon Literacy Training
Non-qualifying projects include:
- Projects which the organisation already has a statutory duty to undertake
- Any political, lobbying, pressure or campaigning activities
- Funding of vacancies or existing roles
- Funding of staff overseas trips, excluding learner educational trips
- Funding for capital build/refurbishment projects
- Consultancy costs
- Licence and subscription costs
- Applications for a deposit for lease agreements
You can also check out our funding stories page to learn more about the types of projects we sponsor.
How to apply
Check to see if your proposal meets our qualifying criteria:
|1. Achieved a minimum of a full year's membership with CPC.
Your institution will need to have been a CPC member since 24th February 2019. Search for your institution’s membership details here.
|2. Utilised at least one CPC framework within the 12 months prior to the 1st Feb 2020.||Pass/Fail|
|3. Must be able to clearly demonstrate how the funding would achieve a minimum of one of the following evaluation criteria:
CPL has ranked and weighted this criteria in order of importance for bidders to consider when making their application
|A. An improvement to teaching and learning within the organisation.||60%|
|B. A positive impact on the learner’s experience of education.||25%|
|C. How the funding is supporting the learning of economically disadvantaged learners and minority groups.||15%|
The qualifying criteria is important but don't worry if you don't meet it this time, we are looking to provide more funding opportunities during summer and autumn 2020.
You can offer to part-fund the project, this is not mandatory. However, if the level of applications exceeds the available funding, these applications will be viewed upon favourably to ensure as many projects as possible receive funding.
Organisations are only permitted to submit one application. If your school or academy is part of a Trust, the Trust needs to apply on your behalf.
We'd like as many organisations to benefit as possible so if yours received funding in 2019, you will need to wait until 2021 until you can apply again.
Please complete the application form in full as part-completed applications will not be accepted.
We were accepting applications up to Friday 20 March 2020. The evaluation panel will meet after this date to evaluate submissions.
CPL Group reserves the rights to request evidence of project outcomes and/or visit your organisation to follow the allocation of funds.
A series of frequently asked application questions is available here.
You will need the following details to apply:
- Details of your organisation
- The start and end date of any event/activity
- State if you are applying for full or part-funding
- Provide a description of the event/activity you wish to apply for sponsorship
- Demonstrate how your event/activity meets (at least one of) the evaluation criteria (3.A, 3.B, 3.C in the table above)
Please read through these Terms and Conditions and print a copy for yourself to keep in case you need them at any time.
Sorry applications are now closed.
Should you require any further information, please contact Ann Denton on 0161 974 0953 or email firstname.lastname@example.org